Saturday, March 16, 2013

First 24 Hour Fast!


Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to make an entry documenting my first 24 hour fast. I wouldn't recommend fasting for 24 hours, especially if you are trying to gain muscle, it is really only good for weight loss. The other night though, I wen't out to dinner and definitely ate over my calorie needs for the day as well as eating really unhealthy food like Fried Chicken and Pancakes. I wanted to counter-balance this by doing a 24 hour fast.


The way I wen't about doing this was I stopped eating the night before at 9pm, so I wen't all the way to 2pm the next day (17 hours) fasted. Then from 2pm to 3pm I managed to eat my 1800 calories for the day. Yes all in 1 hour. It wasn't easy but protein shakes helped a bit. I managed to keep it pretty healthy without overloading on any single macronutrient; getting under 40g of fat, still getting my 160g of protein for the day, and about 180g of carbs. Overall very balanced.


Then from 3pm yesterday to 3pm today I did not eat. That's how you 24 hour fast. Ideally you want to go a bit over your calories the day before the 24 hour fast, but I didn't want to go 9pm to 9pm because then even if I get all my calories for the day in a 3 hour eating window that brings me to 12am which is a really awful time to start your fast. Instead I just took into account my overeating for the previous day, condensed my window for the following day, and today I will eat from 3pm to 6pm and be back on track for the rest of the week.


In the first article I wrote I mentioned how I took pictures of myself on a full stomach, so today I took some new pics after my 24 hour fast because being on an empty stomach does make a difference how thin you look, and this is the basis I like to use to judge myself. You wouldn't weigh yourself on a full stomach and consider that your regular weight would you? Of course not! You get butt ass naked right after waking up, or maybe taking a dump, and you weigh yourself as accurately as possible lol.


         Left Side - Not Flexing                                                  Right Side - Flexing


The front pic is pretty much the same. I like this side pic better because it shows that my lower abs don't bulge out as much as they used to, and follow a more natural curve to my abdomen. Then when I flex and my abs go completely straight you can see by the curvature that I actually have a very small amount of fat left on my abs to lose before that area is completely flat. Another thing to look at is in the Front facing picture how flat the line of my waistband is. Back in January that would curve more because of the fat I was storing below my bellybutton/above my crotch.

I know this post does not have a ton of information. Its main purpose is to serve as a progress indicator because of the pictures, and also document the thought process behind my first 24 hour fast. I will have an entry with some actual substance soon.

Love, Dcgreen


1 comment:

  1. I¡¯m delighted that I have observed this weblog. Lastly anything not a junk, which we undergo extremely frequently. The web site is lovingly serviced and saved as much as date. So it must be, thanks for sharing this with us.
    components of fitness
    female fitness models
    fitness courses
    fitness boot camp

    ReplyDelete